The modern job hunt takes place right here—online. Job seekers turn to websites like Indeed, Glassdoor, Facebook, and LinkedIn. In this post, we dive into must-know statistics about the best job boards so you can have a strong online recruitment strategy.
Indeed has over 250 million unique visitors every month. And to make the job application quick and easy for potential candidates, this job search engine features something called "Indeed Quick Apply." This relieves job seekers of punching in their work history and resume info repeatedly, which increases their likelihood of applying for open positions.
Here are more stats on Indeed:
- 225 million resumes on Indeed
- There are 600 million+ total ratings and reviews
- Indeed is the largest jobs site in the US, Canada, and the world
- In 2016, Indeed delivered nearly three-quarters of all interviews from job sites in the United States — 72 percent in total
LinkedIn is a website that uses social networking to capitalize on job postings. You can connect with other professionals and stay updated with other organizations, candidates, or future employers.
This job search website also has a fast and functional job application process where candidates can use "Apply via LinkedIn" to pull profile information for open positions.
- 75 percent of people who are going through a career change use LinkedIn
- More than 830 million professionals use LinkedIn
- Q3 FY22 Earnings showed that confirmed hires on LinkedIn increased by 88 percent
"Job postings appear on and link to your Facebook business Page. Potential employees have the chance to learn more about your business and the job opportunity before applying, ensuring you get informed job applicants."
There are almost 3 billion Facebook members worldwide, making Facebook the most popular social media network. Facebook expanded its network to recruitment efforts about five years ago and added a job posting section. The candidate will likely go to your company's social page, so make sure you have a strong digital presence. Take advantage of being able to post photos and videos of daily life at your company.
Here are more statistics on this global giant:
- 83 percent of job candidates are active on Facebook
- More than 40 million small businesses have active pages
- 66 percent of companies use Facebook for recruiting
- One in four people in the U.S. had searched for or found a job on Facebook.
- 1.47 billion people, on average, log onto Facebook daily
Google is an international search engine with over 3.5 billion searches daily. "Google for Jobs" provides job seekers with multiple options on where they can apply for the job they are searching for. Having a strong, SEO-optimized job description is crucial to reaching top talent. If they can easily find your job posting, they can easily apply. It's like you can lead the horse to water, and Google will make it drink.
Think of Google as a vital tool in your digital recruitment process.
- 300 million job searches monthly (30 percent of all Google searches)
- 37 percent of the Fortune 500 had integrated their jobs directly with Google
- An average of 40,000 search inquiries every second of the day
ZipRecruiter is a job posting website with over one million company users. Their goal is to "help people find meaningful employment." According to the ZipRecruiter website, 80 percent of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site in just one day. And after ZipRecruiter integrated with Google's job search experience, the organic conversion rate from Google grew 4.5x. Two birds, one stone!
- No. 1 rated job search on Android and iOS
- 110 million+ job seekers users
- 2.8 million+ businesses users
- #1 rated hiring site in the U.S.
Glassdoor is an anonymous company review website. Current and past employees can share the good, the bad, and the salaries. According to Glassdoor, the average job-seeker reads at least six reviews when forming an opinion on a company, and 69 percent of job seekers will not accept a job with a company if they have a bad reputation.
- 62% of Glassdoor users are more likely to respond to a recruiter from a company they recognize
- 65% of users read at least five reviews before forming an opinion about a company
- 80% of users agree their perception of a company improves after seeing an employer respond to a review
CareerBuilder has been a successful job posting website for over 20 years. Recognized by HRO Today magazine's Baker's Dozen as the top provider in overall customer satisfaction and the CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking ranked third.
- There are over 80 million job applicants
- 150 million candidate profiles
- 3 million jobs are posted monthly
- Over 3,200 company career sites
The digital world is rapidly growing, and it's time to leverage these top career sites to optimize your online recruitment strategy.
Are you interested in consulting with a recruitment specialist to discuss your company's hiring practices? Contact us today for a consultative meeting.